Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A photo I found under piles of computer files.


I like taking photos, but the quality is inconsistent at best.  This is from a trip to Hawaii in November of 2011, and, for me at least, this is a really nice shot.  The greens are vibrant, the texture of the churned up sand next to the smooth surface of the shoreline is a visually interesting contrast.  The sky grows from the cloudy pale blue of the horizon to a more vivid blue seen through the palm fronds, and there is the movement of the ocean around the shore rocks frozen in place.  I also like the way the photo is divided between the different textures of the setting, the rocks, sand, shore, sea, sky, and flora.  And this is what I like to take photos of, the outside.  I once took a trip to Yellowstone and took a million shots of Morning Glory pool, feeling like none of the pictures I was taking could fully capture the depth and vibrancy of the pool.  I wanted to take home the awe I felt looking into the water, but could not capture it on film.


No comments:

Post a Comment