Ya, so I made falafel wraps today. And yesterday. Today's wraps turned out better than the one I made yesterday though. And because I am amazing I will now field your questions: But why did I make falafel wraps? Don't you put falafel in a pita? Wait, a wrap? How did they fit? What is falafel? You made falafel? Waffles? Are you a vegetarian? WOW, you have many questions my 3 loyal blog readers, and coworkers, and roommates who wonder what the heck I am eating. Or they just guess. Today I opened my lunch container, containing stuffed grape leaves, and my coworker asks "Seaweed tamales?" Um moving on...
To answer the questions you didn't really have:
- Wraps are tasty!
- Whole wheat tortillas are cheaper than pita bread, comes with more in the package and is more convenient when I eat egg and avocado burritos. (One day I will share the recipe, it's amazing and there are only three ingredients!)
- I sliced up my falafel.
- A falafel is a middle eastern food, made with chick peas (also called garbanzo beans), salt, stuff, and herbs, is then shaped into balls and fried. And in my case, put in containers, sealed with plastic, and sent to my local membership warehouse store, where it jumped into my cart! True story.
- By the afore mentioned store with acrobatic products, you can safely assume I grew the chick peas, I harvested the chick peas, I grew the plastic, I harvested the plastic, I built the store brick by handmade brick...
- I like my waffles with honey.
- Only on the days I don't eat meat. ;)
Building your falafel wrap:Put whole wheat tortilla on plate
Spread tahini all over the top
Place a few cucumber slices on half the tortilla, a quarter inch from the edges
Top cucumber with a leaf of romaine lettuce
Sprinkle chopped up kamala olives on top
Add thinly sliced red bell pepper
Now thinly sliced tomato
Slice falafel and place on top
Now with the food covered half toward you, fold up the sides slightly, now roll the food half all the way to the empty half, keeping the sides tucked in.
Push down slightly letting the tahini act as a food glue, a tasty, tasty food glue.